The smartdept is in search of a User Experience Designer / Information Architect to work for a retail client located in Chicago, IL. If you’re interested in working for a global brand, keep reading!
In this position, you’ll be responsible for developing web, mobile and cross channel user experience designs through individual contribution and participation in teams. Activities and Deliverables could include heuristic reviews, site maps, user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, design specifications, experience design briefs, etc. You’ll also have the opportunity to work closely with internal business stakeholders, project managers, creative teams, and developers.
What You’ll Do:
- Defines user requirements in response to business goals working with product management and technology partners.
- Actively participates in a cross-functional agile teams; representing User Experience alongside research, visual design, copywriting, product management, development and QA. Shares delivery accountability with agile teams.
- Creates prototypes, process flows, wireframes, and design specifications.
- Works with Business Analysts in the development of use cases required to document business rules and expected online customer behaviors.
- Participates in and analyzes user research and usability test results. Seeks out consumer data and web analytics when developing experience solutions.
- Participates in project reviews; collaborates with the User Experience group in the development of, promotion of, and compliance to, experience design standards.
- Bachelors degree and at least 1 year of experience in eCommerce or other customer-facing digital experiences
- Experience interacting with creative teams, business owners and/or technical teams
- Experience participating in, and defining, user experience processes and best practices
- Experience with page design / wireframing programs, such as Axure and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in transactional ecommerce is required
- Degree in Interactive Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or similar
- Working knowledge of Omniture / Adobe Analytics, or other web analytics program
- Experience with creative of interactive prototypes, e.g., Axure
- Interactive agency or consulting experience
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.