The smartdept is in search of a User Experience Designer to join a fast-growing digital team in Niles, IL. We're looking for a talented designer to create intuitive, effective, and engaging software applications and mobile apps that will bring exciting features and powerful functionality to new and existing products. You should have strong systems thinking, UX concepting and wireframing, UI architecture and feature scoping skills. This position will work with other designers, internal stakeholders and end-users in defining product and UI requirements, design solutions.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to design projects from their inception to launch – and beyond
- Collaborate with product managers on product requirements and focus on the user experience, ease-of-use, performance and efficiency of the associated software applications.
- Work independently and in collaboration with other stakeholders to quickly produce multiple concepts and prototypes for internal use, usability testing and customer review.
- Leverage rapid prototyping and customer interaction to make informed design decisions
- Work with developers to ensure the technical feasibility of designs and guide the interface through the development process.
- Meet with end users to assess and document user needs and use-cases
- Contribute to high level design patterns and specifications
- Draft detailed functional requirements for development and test teams
- Bachelor’s degree and a portfolio of work samples is required
- Experience – a BA or MA in HCI or related program with 2-4 yrs work experience– cross-platform projects and experience is preferred (web, mobile, installed)
- Passion - love of usability and effective, attractive and simple User Interfaces
- Breadth – skilled at UX design, fundamental understanding of SW, solid visual sensibilities
- Maker – self-motivated to learn and utilize new technologies and tools
- Teamwork - excel in a team atmosphere as a member of a fast-moving multi-disciplinary group
- Proactive - identify issues and risks along with potential solutions
- Flexible - think on your feet and change course quickly
- Approach – present a user-centered design perspective and use of common methodologies
- Skills - excellent critical listening, analytic, writing and presenting skills
- Industry knowledge - experience with products for audio or AV/IT professionals is preferred
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.