The smartdept is in search of a UX Strategist to join a global digital team, based in the Loop. As a key player in a world-class creative effort, you will capture the needs of the business and write user stories, which then get translated into a UI/UX by the UX Architect and Designers. Once a design for a feature or page is approved, you will help create the product backlog and define technical requirements.
What you'll do:
- As part of a larger scrum team, you will be working with a Business Analyst, Scrum Master, UX Architects, Designers and Developers.
- Clarify requirements and segregate them into functional and non-functional categories.
- Document the discussions, concepts and the finalized scope.
- Responsible for requirement gathering, interface with business during discovery phases and IT during development
- Helps manage prioritization process for maintenance and bug fixes.
- Simplify complex concepts and ideas into user stories and functional requirements
- Communicate and work effectively with cross-functional team members
- Ability to quickly define needs to UX Architects and Designers, who then prototype designs
- Proactively recognize gaps and propose solutions.
- 7+ years experience in a commercial software product company, design firm, or consulting firm
- Mastery of user-centered design principles and practices.
- Quick problem solver with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Experience working in an agile development process.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening).
- Excellent organization skills with proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and to adjust to frequent changes in project priorities
This role starts as an 8-month contract that has the potential to go perm. Hours initially will be full-time, but then move into part time for up to 8 months. There is potential for another project that could start later in the year, so it could be full-time indefinitely.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.