smartdept.inc is looking for an experienced and creative UI/UX Designer to join our client located in Skokie! The ideal candidate will come with 3-5 years experience as a UI/UX designer or similar role
As a UI-UX Designer , you will be responsible for delivering the best online user experience for our client's current brand websites.
You will be designing ideas using various methods and latest technology working within our creative marketing team and in conjunction with our web and IT team.
You will be designing graphic user interface elements, for entire websites for both desktop and responsive mobile application.
This will include full website design including all pages, navigation, menus, tabs, forms, and widgets.
This position will also be involved with evolving and maintaining social media content including Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and MailChimp accounts.
what you'll do:
- Plan and implement new designs for brand websites.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields.
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images.
- Optimize existing designs and implant short and long term updates.
- Test for intuitivity and experience.
- Communicate with internal teams to understand goals and objectives.
- Develop technical requirements and deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions.
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements.
- Create prototypes for new concepts/direction.
- Test new ideas before implementing.
- Conduct ongoing competitive and industry research and best practices.
what you'll need:
- 3-5 years of experience as an UI-UX Designer or similar role
- Experience with front-end coding
- UI-UX portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to discuss and explain design options
- Detail Oriented
- Critical Thinker / Problem Solver
- Knowledge of Adobe range of products including XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat (Sketch? Dreamweaver?)
- 3-5 years of experience with HTML5 & CSS3
- Knowledge of Usability Factors in Human Computer Interaction
- E-Commerce storefront UI/UX design experience would be a great asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.