The smartdept is in search of a UI/UX Designer to work for an awesome fitness solutions provider in Franklin Park, IL. We’re looking for a talented designer to create unique product designs and digital solutions, translating vision and requirements into innovative solutions. If you’re passionate about developing products that help people live healthier lives, this is the perfect role for you!
You will be responsible for executing and delivering on all stages of the design process from user journeys and flows, to wireframes, concepts, prototypes and visual/interaction design for software applications. You’ll also have the opportunity to work closely with fitness solutions teams and digital experience teams, supporting digital product design growth initiatives across the client's software portfolio.
What you’ll do:
- Conceptualize original ideas, based on the customer’s needs and positioning of the product, that bring simplicity and user friendliness to big ideas
- Create site maps, user flows and wireframes to convey product features and functionality
- Carry out the visual and interaction design for front-end interfaces
- Participate in and conduct usability testing/customer research and analyze findings to validate design decisions
- Apply predetermined style guides and develop new guidelines to creative executions
- Work with digital experience team to create consistent user experiences across digital platforms including: console interfaces, web, mobile applications
- Present UX and UI concepts to internal clients
- Participate in design critiques with the ability to take feedback constructively and iterate on designs and ideas from multiple stakeholders
- Communicate, make and request adjustments as needed while working alongside the software engineering team to implement and match the original design
- Pursue constant learning with technologies, UX and UI trends, and stay abreast of brand and industry standards
- 3-5 years of experience in user experience and visual design: creating user journeys, user flows, prototypes and wireframes and high-fidelity comps
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles, typography, visual and interaction design
- Careful attention to detail and production value
- Strong sense of integrated platforms, understanding cross-platform dependencies
- Strong communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Proficient in prototyping software, specifically Axure and InVision
- Experience working with software engineers/Agile environment, knowledge in JIRA a plus
- Proficient in Office365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.