The smartdept. inc is on the search for a Back-End Developer for our client based in downtown Chicago. This is a 3 month contract, with possibility for extension. Keep reading if you're interested in a contract opportunity with one of Chicago's 101 Best & Brightest companies to work for!
Back-End Web Developer is responsible for writing the server-side code that supports our client's web portfolio. They work with a designer and front-end developer to execute complete web applications and with other Back End developers to maintain and expand client's infrastructure and middleware.The Back End Web Developer builds custom content management solutions to empower non-technical associates to update content relevant to their department.
What You'll Do:
- Work with other Back End developers to manage client'sIAAS (AWS)
- Create server-side code for new web initiatives
- Maintain existing MySQL databases.
- Build APIs and internal facing tools to assist other departments
- Build complete microsites and websites to support client's wide library of products and initiatives
- Make decisions on web platforms and technologies and be able to communicate strategy to non-technical staff
What You'll Need:
- Expert level ability with PHP
- Solid skills in Apache/Nginx and Ubuntu
- Experience with one or more PHP frameworks (Symphony, Zend, Laravel)
- Some experience with front end web technologies (Vue, Ember, React, etc)
- Some experience with Content Management Systems (Wordpress, TYPO3)
- Experience consuming and creating REST APIs
- Understanding of GraphQL a plus
- Experience building and maintaining MySQL databases
- AWS EC2 provisioning, CloudFormation/Chef experience a big plus
- Experience creating complex websites from conception to completion.
- An understanding of version control technologies (GIT)
- A hunger for the creative use of emerging web technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.