smartdept. inc. is searching for a Buyer for a leading health care organization located in the Grand Rapids, MI area. The ideal candidate will come with 3-5 years of experience as a buyer. This is a full-time, 4-month contract opportunity averaging 40hrs./week.
What You’ll Do:
- The job of the Buyer is to administer all procurement-related activities for their area of responsibility using independent judgment and analysis.
- Determine customer/project needs and expectations through consistent and direct customer contact or reporting tools.
- Research and prepare specifications for goods or services based on the needs assessment .
- Obtain competitive price quotes and apply contract pricing.
- Evaluate and recommend the most appropriate and cost-effective alternatives.
- Negotiate procurement details and manage relationships with vendors.
- Distribute purchase requisitions to the appropriate Assistant Buyer for processing.
What You’ll Need:
- Knowledge of or experience with the ERP (Lawson) system for procurement, including requisitioning, purchase orders, and receiving.
- Knowledge of purchasing fundamentals including requisition approvals, formulary/standard items, acceptable suppliers, shipping and expediting, purchase order submission, order exceptions, receipt, and invoice resolution.
- A basic understanding of inventory replenishment, including reorder parameters, usage trends, safety stock, fill-rate, etc.
- Ability to analyze purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information, including item details, customer expectations, and acceptable suppliers.
- Ability to identify and resolve purchase order exceptions by utilizing the appropriate systems/reports and acting as liaison between supplier and customer. Can resolve backorder situations.
- 4 months