smartdept. inc. is searching for a UX Designer for a retail corporation located in Chicago, IL. The ideal candidate will come with 5-7 years of experience. This is a year-long contract with the opportunity to be longer.
What You'll Do:
The primary function of the UX Designer is to work with project teams to design and deliver high-quality client-centered, practical, consistent, and usable interfaces. Works closely with business analysts, business sponsors, project managers, and IT teams to obtain and understand business requirements. Creates the design of user interface specifications by applying client research, design standards, industry best practices, taking into account strategic business objectives, user needs, systems constraints. Participates in design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus, and getting approvals on designs and documentation. Executes business acceptance test cases and testing. Works with the project managers to ensure that usability deliverables accommodate project timelines, budgets, technical and scope constraints. Contributes to the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of efficient and effective usability methodology/process, documentation, workflow, ROI, metrics, and design standards. Acts as a user experience advocate regarding principles of user experience and user-centered design.
What You'll Need:
- 5-7 years of experience.
- Expertise with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, Zeplin.
- Proven understanding of user-centered design techniques & demonstrated ability to incorporate UCD principles into user interfaces' architecture and design.
- Demonstrated ability in gathering and translating requirements from business sponsors, SMEs, users, and business analysts, etc.
- Experience applying usability testing techniques and principles.
- Experience applying a web design standard
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to articulate ideas effectively.
- Contract, Full time
- Remote, Chicago, IL