UX Product Designer
zDO NOT USE Contract / Full time
smartdept.inc. is searching for a UX Product Designer for a company located in Chicago, IL. The ideal candidate will come with at least 3 years of experience in working with design systems. This is a fully remote, contract opportunity that is expected to last 6 months with the possibility of extension.
What You’ll Do:
- Create innovative, market-leading web solutions that impress existing and prospective clients as well as support business objectives.
- Develop, refine, and implement high-quality customer experiences using strong information architecture, visual design, and customer experience skills.
- Be a key member of the agile development team.
- Create prototypes that visualize the vision and project requirements for functionality to be developed.
- Ensure product quality by participating in reviews and testing.
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years hands on experience working with digital products (web & mobile)
- Strong portfolio that showcases user-centered design solutions
- Ability to clearly articulate design rationale and comfortably present work to colleagues, clients, and stakeholders
- Ability to empathize with specific personas to inform design decisions
- Able to translate findings from user research and testing to tangible design solutions
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator in particular), Sketch, InVision, and other design tools.
- Experience working with Design Systems and accessibility platforms
- Deep understanding of interaction design, product development, UX best practices, and user testing
- Able to deliver high-quality work under tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or equivalent is preferred
UX Product Designer x4 1899-1