Grand Rapids, MI
zDO NOT USE Contract / Full time
smartdept.inc. is searching for a Project Manager for a Michigan-based health care organization located in Grand Rapids, MI. The ideal candidate will come with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience with applicable business functions and project management. This is a full-time 18-month contract opportunity starting mid-November and is planned to go until May 13th, 2023. Onsite is required, candidates must be local to Grand Rapids, MI.
What You'll Do:
- The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating with Planning associates, developing project scope, schedule, and budget, managing design and construction, and serving as the project lead with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Serves as an agent of the Owner leading all phases of construction projects including planning, scheduling, budgeting, design, construction, owner test fits, and regulatory interaction with the support of internal Facilities Team and business stakeholders.
- Develops requests for proposals, issues LOIs, negotiates terms and conditions, contract development, and awards project work. Evaluates and administers contract documents to outside construction contractors, including approval of payment applications. Orders furniture, equipment, and other materials for the construction project
- Utilizes broad industry experience to improve and/or introduce new business practices, policies, and procedures necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Takes initiative regarding risk mitigation and contingency planning with budget, scope, schedule, communications, or other matters as necessary to prevent negative impacts to projects
- Serves as a mentor to less experienced team members
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in project management, construction management, or facilities management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Facilities Management, Construction Management or equivalent education and experience.
- Proven ability to build teams, and lead projects of varying complexity.
- Demonstrated success delivering projects on time, within budget, and with the standard of care and quality expected of similar industry professionals.
- Effective communicator and leader of internal/external project team members, i.e. building owners, managers, architects, engineers, contractors, and authorities having jurisdiction.
- Capable of leading highly complex projects from inception through execution, and closeout.
- Knowledge of software used to manage projects, prepare project presentations, prepare and/or review construction documents, i.e. MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, BlueBeam, etc.
- Healthcare construction experience is preferred but not required.
- Must have Driver’s License
Project Manager SPTMJP00005665