Senior Associate UX Designer
smartdept. inc. is searching for a UX Designer for a financial services client in Riverwoods, IL. The ideal candidate will come with 3+ years of experience in UX Design. This is a full-time, 6-month with the possibility of turning into a contract-to-hire opportunity that will be fully remote.
The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the assigned product, in accordance with the needs set forth by the product team. In some cases, direct user research will not be possible so the designer will need to have a strong grasp of enterprise and web client design principles as well as be able to learn the basics of new domains through interviews with subject matter experts and own research.
What You’ll Do:
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that will lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Identify design problems and devise on-brand solutions
- Make design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features of enterprise applications and websites
- Be able to create and maintain a style guide or design system in coordination with UI developers
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Collect user feedback through surveys, interviews, and focus groups as needed and be able to synthesize information into actionable findings that are useful for the product’s direction.
- Perform ad-hoc visual design tasks
- Perform technical writing tasks as assigned
What You’ll Need:
- Three or more years of UX design experience, with experience in enterprise or data science applications considered a plus.
- 4-year degree in a related field of design, human-computer interaction design, technical communication, etc.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, AdobeCS, etc.
- Ability to work with clients and offshore product teams to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet those requirements.
- Experience designing responsive, desktop applications for complex tasks.
- Ability to conduct basic user research and collect feedback. Usability testing is nice to have.
- Experience with data science is a plus.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to multiple levels within the organization and diverse audiences.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate closely with teams and other stakeholders.
- Good visual design skills for icons, logos, banners, etc.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be prepared to teach the technical team about UX.