Sr. Software Developer
smartdept.inc. is searching for a Sr. Software Developer for a global health, wellness and beauty company located in Grand Rapids, MI. This is a remote full-time opportunity.
What You’ll Do:
The software developer (full stack) will assist in the design and development of a global portfolio and price management application to be used by the Enterprise including global affiliates. Work with a team that has been established to design, deliver and deploy the new application using an Agile Minimal Viable Product (MVP) approach with tight collaboration and integration with a global audience of analysts, product owners, and subject matter experts.
The software developer will work with this agile team to build the tools and processes to define company pricing strategies and work closely with Marketing, Sales, and Finance. By joining this team the software developer will be faced with challenging, fast-paced deliverables that push your skills and capabilities through an empowered, autonomous team. Technologies the developer will work with range from AWS serverless, Kinesis, Kafka, GraphQL, React, PowerBuilder and TypeScript.
What You’ll Need:
- Prior experience as a Full Stack Developer (Consultant: 1-3 years, Senior Consultant: 3-5 years, Solution Architect: 5-8 years)
- 1-3 years of experience using both back-end languages (Typescript, Node.js, GraphQL) and front-end libraries (Apollo, React)
- Experience in functional programming paradigm
- 3-5 years of experience with PowerScript/C++ in analyzing, troubleshooting, coding, testing and implementing related applications.
- Experience working on Agile project teams and using common collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Proficiency in headless application design and microservice architecture on AWS including Cloudfront, API Gateway, Lambda, Kinesis, and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines on Cloud-Based architecture
- Experience building modern web applications using AWS
- Experience with test-driven development
- Robust analysis skills
- Strong, cross-team communication skills