smartdept. inc. is searching for a Copywriting Manager for a hospitality client in Tuscon, AZ. The ideal candidate will have a background in consumer magazines and B2C writing experience. This is a fully remote, contract opportunity.
What You’ll Do:
- Create quality, compelling marketing content to support brand and growth, including content for website, ads, direct mail, digital channels, collateral, and SEO.
- Write clear, concise, and strategic messages that drive business results, support key marketing initiatives, and inspire action. Ensure all content is developed and implemented according to brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with team members, managers, and key influencers to ensure the content aligns with the brand voice and positioning and resonates with stakeholders and audiences.
- Write optimized copy for SEO with a focus on developing search-friendly, engaging content that drives business goals. Assist the SEO developer in developing keyword research and content briefs.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, create competitive approaches that help drive innovation, business growth, and creativity.
- Own the ability to deliver big ideas on brand and strategy while communicating creative thoughts and challenges to new ideas.
- Participate in concept and pitch meetings (raising copy issues where relevant) and brainstorming sessions to help develop and define creative strategies.
- Demonstrate organization and ability to balance multiple projects across a variety of marketing channels. Collaborate with team members and all departments accordingly to ensure projects are completed promptly—the ability to present concepts and pitch new ideas.
What You’ll Need:
- Great attitude, exceptional organization skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to jump in and ask the questions needed because onboarding will be quick
- 5+ years of experience in copywriting, preferably in a B2C context
- A dynamic portfolio that showcases a variety of B2C and consumer magazine experience
- Agency experience is a plus
- Ability to manage small to medium-sized teams and work cross-functionally with other creatives