Director of Corporate Communications
smartdept.inc. is searching for a Director of Communications for a global food production company located in Aurora, IL. The ideal candidate will come with at least 5 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership. This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity. This position is hybrid, a mix of remote and on-site work at the corporate office in Aurora.
What You’ll Do:
The primary focus of this position is corporate communications. The Director of Communications will work closely with Human Resources and the senior leadership team to provide them with communications leadership, coaching on personal communications styles, and create content for their key internal and external communications for North America and globally as needed. The Director will be responsible for employee communications that facilitate the change management programs needed during transformation projects such as systems changes, mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures, as well as, organizational changes.
- Aligns internal messaging and organizational brand with external messaging ensuring consistency and accuracy of wording and branding.
- Liaison between North America and global communications function building partnerships across zones to maintain consistency in message strategy and information sharing.
- Understands and develops the local and national media markets to manage external exposure and public relations in the communities we serve especially during crisis management situations.
- Experienced in crisis management communications and media relations acting as the spokesperson for the Company and single source of media management between our leaders and the public.
- Leads the strategy for the data gathering and presentation process, setting up appropriate KPIs to ensure continuous improvement in the communications function.
- Produces communications material and samples and partners with external agencies to produce materials that incorporate our messaging and branding, such as internal campaign materials, sustainability report and other programs or promotional material.
- Oversees and manages all relevant email templates, intranet/internet pages, bios, social media, etc. ensuring alignment with the communications strategic vision and updated concurrently with strategic changes. Leads and invigorates the delivery of harmonized publications across the group.
- Leads a social media communication strategy that creates an active presence for the Company to help attract talent and build a positive community reputation and interaction.
- Develops and leads communications processes and content for corporate level organizational announcements and organization changes. Works in close partnership with HR and other stakeholders to develop a vibrant leadership community by organizing events, improving communication tools, increasing internal engagement initiatives and positioning OSI as an employer of choice.
- Ensures the vision, strategy, objectives and transformation activities are understood through appropriate messaging enabling the workforce to contribute effectively.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Experience leading the delivery of internal communications which includes social media components.
- Experience developing a communications strategy for the C-Suite executives and broader leadership teams based on the implementation of a best in class social media, feedback gathering and reporting process.
- Experience leading and driving results on strategic internal projects, driving collaboration between internal departments and external working groups.
- At least 5 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of progressively responsible experience working within an in-house communications function with experience partnership globally and/or in an agency.
- Master's degree or MBA – preferred.
- Willing to travel up to 10%, as needed by project, for business purposes.
- Work is generally performed within a business professional office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- Work is generally 60%-80% in office with flexible work days negotiable.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands or finger, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, or controls; may be required to lift up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision to a computer screen.