smartdept. is searching for a Wordpress Developer for a digital agency located in Grand Rapids, MI. The ideal candidate will come with 3-5 years of experience and be local to the Grand Rapids area. This is a full-time, contract-to-hire, remote position.
What You’ll Do:
The Developer (web and front-end) will be part of a talented team that works on critical websites and applications for clients in the financial and manufacturing industries! You’ll work closely with your fellow team members to ensure that we develop, improve, and maintain our client’s most important digital properties while providing strategic insight and experience around best practices and opportunities.
- Think strategically and creatively about UI/UX and solving challenges.
- Help diagram and think through websites and website/app components through wireframing.
- Provide attention to detail when transforming static design to an interactive website.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Update and create websites and mobile applications.
- Completing basic maintenance updates and edits for agency and client websites.
- Setting up and creating HTML emails for email marketing campaigns.
- QA & testing of websites, apps, and HTML emails.
- Provide estimates for website/app edits and updates.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Web development, computer science, related field, or 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Solid understanding of WordPress development and theme structure, Advanced Custom Fields, web server architecture, hosting, and WooCommerce a plus.
- Experience with email marketing systems such as SendGrid, Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, or Pardot.
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object-Oriented Programming, and web application development.
- Familiarity with component-based/modular reusable design elements
- Proficient in version control systems (Git).
- Knowledge of ADA best practices.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, and other design/prototyping tools a plus (Figma or Invision/Sketch).
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Dedication to continuous growth and learning to stay relevant in the latest