Sr. SEO Specialist
Direct Hire - Remote / Full time
smartdept. is in search of a talented and energetic Sr. SEO Specialist for a leading online program management services provider that helps universities evolve their academic programs. This position is a direct-hire, full-time, fully remote opportunity.
What You'll Do
- Perform keyword research and competitive analysis to use to drive valuable traffic
- Audit, recommend and implement technical SEO optimizations
- Execute on-page optimizations and changes in content management systems (CMS)
- Create reports and briefs highlighting key learnings and future strategies and tactics
- Collaborate with marketing strategists, web developers and content writers on web structure, A/B tests, content strategies, etc.
- Manage linking building campaigns and link acquisition process through outreach strategies, prospecting, and relationship development.
- Markup and publish website content using best practices
- Develop and maintain content calendars, knowledge bases, processes and best practices, and training and onboarding materials.
- Stay up-to-date on latest SEO trends, strategies and algorithm changes
What You'll Need
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who will be focused on executing sound SEO strategies to drive traffic, grow brand awareness, inspire prospective students, and generate valuable leads for some of our largest and most prestigious partners. A self-starter who is analytical and innovative in their thinking; they are a team-player motivated to make a difference in a growing organization. As future leaders and subject matter experts in SEO they will play a significant role in meeting the benchmarks that are set for the company.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 3-5 years experience in SEO and/or content marketing. Agency experience is a plus.
- Passion for SEO and digital marketing with a strong understanding of SEO best practices.
- Must be an assertive self-starter, with a data-driven and analytical mindset, strong project management and organizational skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Good presentation skills are a plus.
- Experience managing competing priorities, evolving responsibilities and deadline-driven projects.
- Experience with paid search or pay-per-click marketing channels is a plus.
Sr. SEO Specialist