Sr. Prop Photo Stylist
Direct Hire - On Site / Full time
The smartdept. Inc is in search of a Sr. Prop Photo Stylist for a worldwide marketing agency located in Sussex, WI. This is a full-time, direct-hire opportunity that will be 100% on-site at the agency's photo studio.
What You'll Do:
The Sr. Prop Photography Stylist will lead a team of stylists and is expected to possess an aptitude for creating and executing against the creative direction. The Sr. Prop Photography Stylist must understand and be aware of the company's production/design capabilities/processes, and have a knowledge of industry standards and practices related to photography in retail.
- Collaborates and aligns with key cross-functional partners to ensure brand consistency and that the creative vision of each collection and floor set is clearly communicated visually.
- Research and present industry trends and innovation as well as report on aspirational trends through concept boards.
- Build relationships with internal clients such as Merchants, Designers, and Creative, as well as relationships with vendors and outside agents such as models and photographers.
- Creative conceptualization of styling vision.
- Ability to speak about process & work progress to senior leadership during presentations.
- Extensive sample and calendar management to ensure the departmental organization meets all project and business deadlines.
- Flexibility to work as needed on photo shoots: merchandise racks, ensure all key items are styled appropriately, and execute set up and breakdown of photoshoots.
- Helps in the selection of photographers
- Study and identify with the brand and customer
What You'll Need:
- 6+ years of professional industry experience styling in high-end, high-volume catalog, advertising, corporate, or commercial photography studio environments. A portfolio of room set photography.
- Retail experience
- Working knowledge of styling techniques, skills, equipment, and tools
- Ability to style many different types of home goods products within a high-volume production environment without compromising quality
- Strong understanding of digital photography, production, studio pace, and efficiency.
- Proven experience with on-set/ in-studio standards, traditions, and demands in high-end, high-volume catalog, advertising, corporate or commercial photography studio environment.
- Flexible in responding to organizational changes and business priorities.
- Ability to work as a team member in a collaborative group environment or alone
- Ability to follow tight layouts, written instructions, or oral directions
- Understanding of production photography workflows, scheduling, timelines
- Understanding of budgets, estimates, and financial reporting
- The ability to use photo requests to conceptualize final imagery and collaborate with the photographer to concept set plans
- Strong problem solving, organization, and time management skills
- A portfolio of demonstrable skills and abilities is required
Sr. Prop Photo Stylist