Packaging Art Director
Contract-to-Hire - Hybrid / Full time
Smartdept. is in search of a Packaging Art Director for a well-known seafood company located in Seattle, WA. This is a full-time, direct-hire opportunity. This position will be fully remote until the beginning of September and will convert to a hybrid schedule, on-site - Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, remote - Monday, Friday. The ideal candidate will be local to Seattle.
What You'll Do:
- Formulates concepts and executes layouts for the artwork of marketing touchpoints such as magazine ads, video, social assets, motion graphics, posters, and packaging by performing the following duties.
- Confers with individuals responsible for a project regarding budget, background information, objectives, presentation approaches, styles, techniques, and related production factors.
- Formulates basic layout design concept and conducts research to select and secure suitable illustrative material or conceives and assigns production of material and detail to artists and photographers.
- May direct staff members to prepare layouts for printing.
- Presents final layouts to department head and project team for approval.
- Performs duties of Graphic Designer to design and produce art layouts.
- Prepares detailed storyboard showing sequence and timing of story development when producing material for video.
- Acquires knowledge of the company's Environmental and Safety Policies by completing required training programs and performing designated work activities in accordance with training and procedures/work instructions
- Notifies designated personnel of any environmental or safety incidents or risks not previously documented, in accordance with Environmental Awareness and/or safety training
- 7+ years of professional experience, 3+ as an Art Director with a strong preference given to CPG packaging experience
- An online portfolio that demonstrates numerous and varied creative solutions, clients, and mediums of work
- Education (or combination of education and experience) in graphic design or related creative field
- Skilled with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Ability to interpret and integrate design feedback from internal and external reviewers
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Team-oriented, motivated by the success of the team, the Company, and its mission to feed people around the world the bounty of sustainable Wild Alaska seafood.
Packaging Art Director