smartdept.inc. is searching for a UX Designer for a global health and beauty company located in Grand Rapids, MI. This position with be on a part time basis, averaging 20-30 hours a week. This is a 12 month contact that has the potential to go long-term or convert to full-time employment. This is a fully remote position. The ideal candidate will come with at least 3 years of experience working in a User Experience practicing human centered design and user experience and and some experience from consumable, personal care, or beauty UX design.
What You’ll Do:
- As part of the Product Experiences & Insights team, you will lead the implementation of User Experience research and design throughout the development process (from identifying needs through development and after launch) supporting the Nutrition, Beauty, Home, and Wellness Device business lines.
- You will partner cross-functionally and across business lines to evolve and integrate User-Centered Design into the way we develop products and equip teams with the mindset, skills, and access to the tools to make consumer data-driven decisions.
- Using your passion and creativity to solve user challenges in product design will be of great value to product development cross-functional teams. Your ability to drive and implement user-centered research and design that drives innovation for intuitive and unique products will offer high visibility in our consumer-focused organization.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in a User Experience practicing human centered design and user experience. Consumer products or nutrition sector preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading human centered design (HCD) and user experience (UX) work across multiple product categories and translating to meaningful solutions.
- Experience developing organizational skill set and application.
- Experience conducting usability studies preferred.
- Minimum BS or BA in business or science-related field with a focus in user experience and/or HCD.
- Skills to be successful in the role:
Ability to drive HCD and UX programs across business lines with an emphasis on agile and flexible tools to drive innovation
Ability to represent the customer to influence innovation pipelines and identify opportunities to improve the user experience
Leadership and partnership with a variety of internal partners, external vendors, and technical resources to influence and drive impactful solutions supported by research and data
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment leading multiple projects and pivoting with business needs
Skill to work in with a variety of internal and external partners in a global organization
Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills