smartdept.inc. is searching for a Package Engineer for a packaging client located in Redmond, WA. The ideal candidate will come with at least 3 years of experience. This is a 6-month, full-time contract with the option to convert to a direct-hire position. This position will be a hybrid position at the corporate location in Seattle, WA.
What You’ll Do:
The Package Engineer will engage with a large tech client. You will interface with external suppliers, designers or distribution centers, and internal teams such as release management, marketing, and logistics. You will provide package engineering support for new and sustaining programs. You will create and maintain component specifications, assembly instructions, and pallet assembly instructions. You will support and/or drive packaging process analysis and improvements. You will work with internal packaging engineers and designers and external suppliers to create and maintain packaging design. You will prototype packaging samples for evaluation and testing.
What You’ll Need:
- Degree in Packaging, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with software to create and maintain packaging specifications including: ArtiosCAD and/or AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office (Excel & PowerPoint), CAPE, or TOPS. Experience using SolidWorks is a plus.
- Understanding of product development and configuration management processes.
- Understanding and application of technical packaging principles, theories, and concepts.
- Understanding of packaging materials, their properties, and conversion processes (e.g., rigid box, corrugated, paperboard, labels, and fabricated/expanded foam).
- Working knowledge of packaging lab equipment (cutting table, drop tester, vibration table) is a plus.