Digital Media Manager
Direct Hire - Remote / Full time
smartdept. is in search of a talented and energetic Digital Media Manager for a leading online program management services provider that helps universities evolve their academic programs. This position is a direct-hire, full-time, fully remote opportunity.
What You'll Do:
The Digital Media Manager’s responsibility is to build, execute and manage digital media programs, maintain and negotiate digital and traditional ad buys, help prepare budgets and projections, and analyze inbound and outbound data to advance planning and optimization strategies. As a leader and subject matter expert in digital media, you will play a significant role in meeting the benchmarks that are set for successful campaigns.
- Act as subject matter expert and lead on internal training and growth opportunities. Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and identify areas of development within emerging markets.
- Develop RFPs, final media plan recommendations, buy summaries, and campaign measurements where necessary.
- Establish and maintain relationships with programmatic buyers, advertisers, trading desks & ad tech partners.
- Supervise the launch of targeted media campaigns; working with copywriters and graphic designers to create engaging and impactful display and email campaigns.
- Prepare concise reports and briefs highlighting key learnings and recommendations for future campaigns.
- Establish and manage partner and vendor relationships including leading creative planning and negotiating contract terms and rates.
- Develop and maintain marketing calendars, knowledge bases, processes and best practices, and training and onboarding materials.
- Oversee multi-million dollar media budgets and report on overall performance as well as performance segments to optimize active and future campaigns.
- Manage insertion orders, ad buy records, billing and media vendor contacts, and reconciliation processes.
- Lead the QA process for digital media campaigns (pre and post-launch) and ensure that all tracking and analytics tags and accumulated data are accurate
- Establish a nuanced understanding of partner needs and goals through research and analysis and translate into robust campaign strategies
- Launch and manage paid media campaigns across a variety of digital mediums that are optimized with input from attribution modeling, viewability and fraud monitoring, and brand lift measurement.
What You'll Need:
The Digital Media Manager will be experienced in managing successful campaigns and pushing the limits of digital media strategy on a local and national level. The ideal candidate is a long-term strategic thinker who will be focused on developing media campaigns that grow brand awareness, inspire students, and generate valuable leads for some of our largest and most prestigious partners. A self-starter who is analytical and innovative in their thinking; they are a team-player motivated to make a difference in a growing organization.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and minimum of 3+ years experience as a media planner and buyer. Agency experience ideal.
- Experience planning both Traditional (Print, OOH, Radio, TV) and Digital (Display, Video) Media preferred. Experience planning and managing campaigns in digital required.
- Experience working with a broad range of media research tools, media buying software, campaign management and ad serving technology, and ad serving platforms.
- Familiarity with the advertising technology landscape (DSPs, SSPs, DMPs, use of 3rd party data, etc.).
- Must be an assertive self-starter, with a proactive problem-solving ability, strong planning, and organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and negotiation skills. Good presentation skills are a plus.
- Experience managing competing priorities, evolving responsibilities, and deadline-driven projects.
- Familiarity with basic accounting and math principles; basic statistical analysis experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills. A strong salesperson and a great listener.
Digital Media Manager