smartdept.inc. is searching for a UX/UI Designer for a pharmacy and eCommerce client located in Chicago, IL. The ideal candidate will come with 3-5 years of experience. This is a full-time, 2-year contract with the possibility of extension or converting to a permanent position. This is a remote position, but local candidates are preferred.
What You’ll Do:
You will be primarily solving functionality flows, thinking about transactions and how customers are interacting with it, how it looks visually, and measures up to the entire brand. This position is a little bit of both UX and UI design and will be working on websites and mobile apps. You must be oriented in information architecture but also have visual design skills. You will partner closely with business analysts, copywriters, and other design team members.
What You’ll Need:
- 3-5 years of experience designing digital experiences that have retail/eCommerce customers as the primary user.
- Bachelor’s degree required - Master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction is preferred
- Experience wire-framing and building interactive digital prototypes in Mobile platforms such as Android and iOS and taking guidelines and creating transactional workflows
- Experience with design workflow tools such as – Sketch, Zeppelin, Envision, Adobe Cloud, Figma
- Visual design skills
- Strong skills in persuading others, strong customer-first-focus, good interpersonal skills, strong team leadership skills and enthusiasm about the challenges of solving digital problems