Public Relations Manager
smartdept. inc. is searching for a Public Relations Manager for a client in Rosemont, IL. The ideal candidate will come with 7-10 years of experience in the realm of public and media relations. This is a direct-hire position that will be partially on-site in Rosemont, IL.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the development and implementation of national strategic media relations activities, including writing news releases, pitch letters, letters to the editor, statements, and talking points.
- Monitor current issues/events impacting dermatology and respond to national and local media inquiries for information and interviews daily.
- Provide counsel on high-profile media inquiries to senior staff and member leadership. Includes drafting key messages and media statements, and coordinating interviews.
- Develop and implement strategic communications plans for the Academy’s marketing and communications efforts targeting the public, patients, and media.
- Prepare members for media interviews, including developing and implementing general, advanced and officer media training.
- Set annual media relations calendar and update on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for tracking, measuring the impact/ROI, and reporting the client's media relations efforts and identifying opportunities to enhance them.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English or Journalism.
- Minimum seven to 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the area of public relations and/or media relations required.
- Effective verbal and written interpersonal communication and project management skills are necessary, as well as experience collaborating with a wide range of internal and external audiences.
- Experience developing media relations materials with a deep understanding of multiple tactics and tools. Effective leadership and teambuilding skills are necessary
- Ability to identify and plan critical tasks and resources; determine roles and responsibilities of team members; monitor and evaluate project progress; and manage financial resources.
- Ability to execute projects under minimal supervision with strong analytical skills.
- Travel required