The smartdept is on the hunt for a handful of talented and experienced proofreaders for a globally-recognized corporate client based in Lincolnshire, IL. This will be a 3-month contract opportunity starting in August and will be completely remote! This opportunity will be recurring each year. The pay for this position is expected to be $40-$46/hr depending on experience level.
What you’ll do:
- Proofread for grammar, style, and accuracy of all existing written copy, such as long-form catalogs, brochures, and marketing collateral for Fortune 500 companies
- Edit design elements such as font consistency, type size, page layout, etc.
- Make PDF edits, track changes in Word, and do traditional hand mark-ups
- Work closely with copywriters, the design team, and other proofreaders
What you’ll need:
- 3-5+ years of experience proofreading and editing long-form copy--specifically when it comes to benefits and/or internal employee communications messaging
- Ability to proof with 100% accuracy
- Familiarity with AP Style and the Chicago Manual of style
- B2B experience is a big plus!
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment