The smartdept is in search of a Sr. Copywriter with strong Retail experience for a year-long contract position in Deerfield, IL. As the Sr. Copywriter, you'll be leading the concepting and creations of all marketing messaging.
This is an opportunity to launch your Writing career with a nationally recognized company and you definitely do not want to miss out. Please apply today with a copy of your resume and portfolio!
What you'll be doing:
- Leading the concepting and creative development of written messaging and communication of all marketing needs
- Ensuring the tone of voice and the integrity of the brand is present through in-store graphics, direct mail, advertising, digital, branded platforms and targeted campaigns, and maintain continuity in all facets of the brand experience.
- Creating, developing, and executing descriptive and effective copy for marketing vehicles including circular, catalogs, collateral, brochures, direct mail, newspaper ads, magazine ads, in-store signs, emails, presentations, packaging, internal campaigns, and internal ad hoc requests.
- Maintaining knowledge of current copy standards and formats to consistently and effectively convey the company’s image and positioning within the marketplace.Â
- Collaborating with manager, designers, writers, other marketing team members, and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate concepts, themes, and messages are represented effectively and consistently for the business objective(s) and audience(s).
- Attending and/or leading meetings facilitated by business area or project initiator to understand the goals and objectives throughout the stages of a project.
- Presenting assignments to business area managers/leaders and peers as needed.
- Leading the team’s more complex creative assignments and mentors other team members
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of experience writing copy for marketing materials across a variety of media including collateral, catalogs, direct mail pieces, magazine ads and circular spots
- Experience with Retail
- Knowledge of consumer, industry and competitive trends including knowledge of industry design styles, standards and formats
- Experience collaborating with (internal resources, external resources, both) to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience creating ad campaign concepts for various media
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of brand identity guidelines and style guidelines to achieve consistent and effective messaging and corporate image in all marketing concepts.
- Experience presenting to and coordinating senior level meetings, including preparation of agendas and documents
- Experience with InDesign.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests:
- Experience with multi-cultural marketing.
- Experience with Beauty.
- Experience with health and/or medical communications.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.