What are Flash and Actionscript? Here’s Wikipedia’s definitions:
- Adobe Flash (formerly Macromedia Flash) is a multimedia platform used to add animation, video, and interactivity to Web pages. Flash is frequently used for advertisements and games. More recently, it has been positioned as a tool for “Rich Internet Applications” (“RIAs”).
Here are a few online resources people are talking about (courtesy of a discussion at the Flash Freelancers group on LinkedIn.com):
- youtube.com: Youtube has some great instructional videos, you can watch someone actually using the software, not just read about it. Search Youtube for ‘learning flash’ or similar.
- actionscript.org: there’s a whole archive of tutorials and reference files, and a big forum. People have always been very helpful to people posing questions (just be through and precise when you ask questions).
- gotoandlearn.com: (video tutorials, forums with great resources)
- Lynda.com: It’s $25 per/month but well worth it.
Here’s a one day free pass: http://www.lynda.com/promo/freepass/Default.aspx?lpk35=240
- google.com: search google for AS3 for a list of resources
- video2brain.com: Flash training by DVD from video2brain at http://www.video2brain.com/en/
Hopefully that helps! Now get crackin!